Sunday, October 21, 2012

Simple Props

The first set of props I built for the level, seen here in the earlier stages in Maya, and below in UDK, slightly more spruced up.


I probably couldn't have asked for a better introduction to alphas. Trying to make blocks and blobs look like they're actually made out of clumps of straw is no easy task. For now, I'm calling these finished. The work pretty well from across the room, but quickly fall apart under close scrutiny. I'm also getting some weird issues with the shadows on the big hay pile, which I'm hoping can be fixed just as soon as I find out which box I have to check that will make UDK work the way I want it to.